Our business update – how are we operating now?
7th July, 2020
Since our last update in March, a few things have changed here at Aquaseal but we're still fully operational.
As you know, we have been working throughout the pandemic supporting food industries who require our gaskets and seals to keep production going. We’re also a major supplier to wastewater companies, chemical plants and pharmaceutical industries so our operations were essential. At the start of lockdown we implemented processes to keep our staff at safe as possible:
- One delivery point to minimise contact with parcels
- Handling of deliveries carried out by one member of staff
- Split shifts to reduce the number of people in the workshop
- Stopped face-to-face meetings and encouraged working from home
- Started daily updates to check in with staff at home and their families
The team is now back up to 80% staff which is great news for our employees and the business. This includes our apprentice, Jamie who currently works three days a week but will be employed full time with us soon. Jamie mans the phones to ensure no orders are missed and is learning the procurement side of the business.
Orders have also increased over the past month as our clients’ operations return to normal and new customers get in touch. We’re assessing lead times daily as these depend on our raw material suppliers but we are keeping customers as best informed as we can.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you think we could support your business.