Viton® is a registered trademark of Dupont Dow Elastomers L.L.C. Viton® is used in a class of synthetic rubber fluorocarbon elastomers. A copolymer is chosen for the Viton® rubber compound based on the product application. Polymers commonly used are hexafluoropropylene (HFP) and vinylidene fluoride (VDF or VF2), terpolymers of tetrafluoroethylene (TFE), vinylidene fluoride (VDF) and hexafluoropropylene (HFP), and perfluoromethylvinylether (PMVE).
Viton® provides high-temperature stability, low compression set, and resistance to chemicals, oil, and ozone. Although Viton® was initially fabricated for the aerospace industry; this rubber compound is also used in fluid power, automotive, appliance, and chemical applications for rubber products such as hoses, seals, o-rings, expansion joints, shaft seals, and rubber gaskets.
Viton is a brand of FKM (fluorocarbon), it is different to other materials as it provides additional heat and chemical resistance – making it a durable option for many industries. The temperature range of this material is between -20° to + 200°C
Benefits of using Viton Rubber
There are many benefits of choosing Viton rubber as a material for a durable product:
- FKM Sheet and ‘O’ Ring Cords available in the standard food industry colour making in so much easier to identify contamination.
- Non-toxic and odour free.
- Non-marking and does not taint food.
- Resistant to chlorinated hydrocarbons; fuel and acids.
- Heat Resistance
- Described in the FDA Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. Section 177. 2600.
- The products are manufactured under Best Manufacturing Practice in accordance with EC 2023: 2006.
- These products are deemed as being compliant to European Regulations framework EC1935:2004 “materials intended to come into contact with food”.
Products available in Viton Rubber
We offer a range of products in Viton including the following:
– FKM sheeting
– Reinforced sheeting
– Moulded sheets in specialised grades (ETP, GFS, GFLTS, FDA, AFLAS)
- Rubber seals
- Caulks and Adhesive
- Food Grade Rubber
- Sponge and Foam
- Hoses and Tubes
Use the form below to request a detailed spec sheet of the product you are interested in. Alternatively, send us a message if you have any questions.