Water Jet Cutting Services
Water jet cutting machinery is able to cut and shape a wide range of materials. The machinery that we use is high-quality, robust and heavy duty and is able to provide pure water cutting and abrasive cutting for tougher materials.
How does water jet cutting work?
Water jet cutting machinery uses a high-pressure stream of water to cut through most materials. It follows the instruction of a given template on a configuration panel which can be based on an existing product sample or new drawing.
Pure water cutting is the process of cutting with simply water which is suitable for a range of materials. However, for harder materials, we use abrasive cutting which involves the addition of a substance that helps separate the workpiece. We can assess which method would be best suited for your project.
What can it cut through?
The method enables us to cut through almost any material with high precision. This includes rubber, steels, plastics, glass and aluminium.
How long does the process take?
It depends on the material and thickness of the part that we are fabricating.
Why choose water jet cutting over other methods?
There are many reasons why water jet cutting is preferable over traditional methods:
- Cold-cutting process means there is no risk of melting or tearing
- High-pressure jet can cut through more materials than other machinery
- The precision nozzle enables cutting in any direction
- No frayed edges meaning there is no need for a secondary finishing process, shortening the turnaround time
- No hazardous output such as dust, fumes and gases
Our water jet cutting services are suitable for clients in Newcastle and nationwide. Don’t hesitate to get in touch for more information or to place an order!